Squad is a NYC-based tech startup disrupting the consumer social space. Our app is a voice-only, intimate social experience that makes it super easy (and fun!) to stay close with your close friends. Our launch was covered by TechCrunch.
We’re backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley, including top venture capitalists, and the founders of notable companies like Slack, Zillow, Away and StichFix. We just completed a fundraising round, and are looking to scale our marketing and communications teams, to help elevate the company to the next level.
As our very first content & communications hire--and an unconventional early stage startup role--you are in for a ride! You will be responsible for executing a fun, but unique--and weird, but effective--content strategy across a multiple of platforms. An eye for design, and a pulse on culture are absolute musts! You will also be responsible for helping to execute our thoughtful and authentication communication strategy. This is an exciting opportunity, and there will be lots of opportunities to make a huge impact, and grow with us. 💪
Competitive compensation and benefits. We’ve got your back! ;)
- Lead the content & social strategy across all our channels
- Manage content creation, scheduling processes across all social platforms including, but not limited to, the following: (a) Snap, (b) TikTok, (c) Twitter, (d) Instagram, (e) Discord
- Brainstorm unique campaign ideas to engage with our target user demographics
- Identify and develop perspectives around ideal external platforms that can be leveraged for growth (especially around current/relevant trends)
- Community manage our social accounts, helping relay feedback and questions to respective product teams
- Manage and execute brand strategy--including the brand core, brand positioning and brand persona
- Responsible for tactical earned media execution, all media monitoring and internal media reporting
- Assist with strategic communications planning
- Consolidate and relay feedback to product team about what is resonating with the audience, and what is not--convey intuition and supporting analytics
- Create and manage idea bank for really “outside the box” / “fun” ideas
- Be analytically minded and measure, report weekly and monthly metrics around campaigns and overall social performance
- Monitor competitor brands and relevant brands for trends and ideas.
- 2-5+ years of personal and/or brand content creation experience
- Intellectually & culturally curious! Remain constantly up-to-date on industry and general news
- Previous work experience at a high-growth startup is preferred
- Ability to receive frequent feedback and to adapt quickly to changes
- Able to roll up your sleeves and get ish done. A team player, through and through
- Phenomenal verbal, written communication skills & storytelling experience
- Track record of results, motivation & hustle!
- You are an amazing human being, excited about changing the future with us! Let’s goooooooo! :)
**Note: this role is an on-site position based with the team in New York City--and starts in January 2022. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required**