Squad is a NYC-based tech startup disrupting the consumer social space. Our app is a voice-only, intimate social experience that makes it super easy (and fun!) to stay close with your close friends. Our launch was covered by TechCrunch.
We’re backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley, including top venture capitalists, and the founders of notable companies like Slack, Zillow, Away and StichFix. We just completed a fundraising round, and are looking to hire a dope ass Chief Experience Officer to take our user experience, app design, and brand to the next level.
As our very first Chief Experience Officer, you will be responsible for continually strategizing, improving and delivering a better experience for our app’s users--and implementing the respective processes to do so exceptionally well. This is an exciting opportunity, and there will be lots of opportunities to lead, and grow. As the company grows, so will you! 💪
Competitive compensation and benefits. We’ve got your back! ;)
- Develop Squad’s overall design & experience philosophy; socialize it with the marketing and product teams to ensure brand consistency--both inside and outside of the app
- Conduct ongoing assessments of Squad’s user experience approaches, app design and brand--iterate and adjust as needed. We want to remain one of the hottest apps on the block 🔥
- Work closely with the engineering & product teams to evaluate outcomes & metrics tied to design and experience changes.
- Lead, and manage our UI/UX design team with elements of fun, creativity, discipline--but with an overarching standard of excellence.
- Lead the UI/UX experimentation practices, to understand key drivers of user activation, engagement and retention--and how it evolves over time with app design & experience changes + develop a view on what metrics/data points to measure those key user behaviors.
- Integrate and continually educate yourself on the latest studies and trends in the user experience, design and brand industries.
- Implement documentation processes to track results from experiments and maintain alignment across the different teams you work with.
- 5-7+ years of UI/UX experience and brand development.
- A visionary who thinks outside the box and doesn’t only innovate on what already exists. Creative & analytical.
- Track record of results, motivation & hustle!
- Previous work experience at a high-growth startup is preferred.
- Ability to receive frequent feedback and to adapt quickly to changes.
- Comfortable being in a leading/managing role and sharing honest feedback to help the team grow.
- Experiment-minded who can iterate quickly.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, detailed-oriented, and organized.
- You are an amazing human being, excited about changing the future with us! Let’s goooooooo! :)
**Note: this role is an on-site position based with the team in New York City--and starts in January 2022. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required**