Squad is a NYC-based tech startup disrupting the consumer social space. Our app is a voice-only, intimate social experience that makes it super easy (and fun!) to stay close with your close friends. Our launch was covered by TechCrunch.
We’re backed by the who’s who of Silicon Valley, including top venture capitalists, and the founders of notable companies like Slack, Zillow, Away and StitchFix. We just completed a fundraising round, and are looking to hire the next wave of engineers, product managers and data analysts ASAP to drive our product to the next level.
As our very first technical recruiter, you will be responsible for sourcing, vetting and hiring talent for our rapidly scaling team--and building the respective processes to do so exceptionally well. This is an exciting opportunity, and there will be lots of opportunities to lead and build a foundation for the tech talent team--and grow with the company. As the company grows, so will you! 💪
Competitive compensation and benefits. We’ve got your back! ;)
- Create and manage a full-cycle recruiting process ensuring an impressively positive and organized experience for candidates.
- Proactively and creatively sourcing new talent -- maintaining a continuous talent pipeline.
- Screen candidates to determine if they should undergo our interview process.
- Identify creative ways to engage talent, build our employer brand and get candidates excited to work at Squad.
- Work closely with the CEO and CTO on (a) prioritizing roles to recruit (b) mapping out ideal candidates (c) interviewing candidates (d) building team culture (e) hiring decisions.
- Assist the CEO/CTO in facilitating interviews -- phone & video interviews, technical testing, onsite interviews and contacting references as needed.
- Draft job descriptions, offer letters and other necessary communication to candidates.
- Train junior recruiters when the time comes.
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience, especially in engineering, product and data science.
- Track record of results, motivation & hustle!
- Previous work experience at a high-growth startup is preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and be resourceful and scrappy in finding, vetting and recruiting talent.
- Ability to receive frequent feedback and to adapt quickly to changes.
- Comfortable being in a leading role and sharing honest feedback/suggestions to help the team make recruiting decisions.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills.
- You are an amazing human being, excited about changing the future with us! Let’s goooooooo! :)